Sunday 1 September 2013

A Sweet Surprise

This week I decided to link up in my first ever blog link. And who better to link up with than Katie at MummyDaddyMe – one of my very favourite blogs.

Katie’s link is dedicated to sharing ordinary but beautiful moments.

 

This weeks ordinary moment was taken at Sophia’s grandparent’s house in Birmingham on Wednesday.

soph with den and sand

We don’t get to see my in-laws as often as we used to. For years we lived right around the corner from them but now we live about a 45 minute drive away. We moved out of Birmingham to a smaller town to be closer to my family when we had Sophia. We’re now exactly halfway between both!

That morning I had been to lunch in Birmingham with two of my work friends. We had some time to spare after seeing them so I decided to surprise Sandra and Dennis with a little visit, knowing we’d be the last people they would be expecting.

They were so surprised and happy to see us! They scooped Sophia up and spent about an hour just playing and laughing together. It was like they just wanted to drink her in and make the most of every second they had with her.

This picture was taken when all three were sharing a book together, I just love Sophia’s little face full of interest. The shot isn’t good quality, its grainy, has motion blur and was just snapped on my iPhone. But even so you can clearly see so much love shared between them and I just love it.

I think, as a parent, you love your child more than anything. But when you see someone else showing them so much love; it just makes your heart burst.

 

theordinarymomentsbadge

3 comments:

  1. I think your last paragraph is so so true. I feel such a sense of pride and love watching other friends and family love my girls. It's a feeling like no other.
    This is a gorgeous intimate moment, and a lovely photograph. Thank you so much for sharing. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to surprise your inlaws -it's no surprise they were thrilled. We've surprised H's parents a couple of times and the look on their faces is always worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both for your comments! It's a really special thing to see how much others love your children too isn't it :)

    ReplyDelete