Monday 16 March 2015

Dear Harrison: 14 Weeks…

Dear Harrison,

I can’t believe it has taken me this long to write to you! Time has sped past and you are now 14 weeks. You are perfection – you feel so fresh and new, yet that you have always been here all at the same time. You are a bundle of scrumptiousness and we feel so lucky to have you.

picmonkeyedit

Just 14 weeks ago I held you, a tiny newborn, in my arms. I remember staring at you in wonder – how could I have made and grown such a perfect being? That teeny tiny baby all scrunched and red is a memory as you are now a complete pudding with gorgeous rolls and the sweetest chubby cheeks. You look so much like your older sister but a more masculine version of course.

Sadly, our breastfeeding journey has come to an end at 3 months. You don’t seem to mind and you still favour mummy over anybody else. Sophia was such a Daddy’s girl but you are obsessed with me and your big, blue eyes are always drawn in my direction. I secretly love it!

DSC_1023-001

You are a fantastic sleeper which we are very thankful for as all three of us love our sleep so it looks like you have followed in our footsteps! Since you were two weeks old you have been sleeping so well, only waking once about 4am to be fed then you will sleep some more! At about 9 weeks you began sleeping through completely which was so welcome. I could hardly believe it the first morning I woke to find you still snoozing in your moses basket next to me. We recently began putting you to bed at the same time as your sister as you much prefer to be sleeping in peace upstairs rather than down with us. You go down so well. The only change is that you have began waking at about 4am again for a feed but that’s to be expected since you are sleeping longer stretches. Sometimes after your night feed I’ll keep you in the bed with us and snuggle back down to sleep.

DSC_1028-001

You are usually such a jolly, little man. You give us all the biggest grins! You love people talking to you and babble back as loudly as you can. Your favourite thing in the world is watching your big sister playing. You look up so curiously, I can see in your face that you are desperate for her to talk to you and meet your gaze. You also have a real love of bath time. You happily splash away in the warm water and I think you could stay there all day if I let you! We are planning on taking you swimming for the first time soon which I hope you will really love!

You are starting to change and become more interested in your toys and objects around you. You have began to try to touch toys when they are dangled in front of you and you kick and flail your arms when you are happy and excited. I can’t wait to see what you will do next!

You are such a strong boy too! You really love to ‘stand up’ on your feet and even try to walk up me sometimes. You are getting better at your tummy time and will kick your legs and stick your bum into the air as though you are trying to move along. I wonder if you will be an early walker…

DSC_1048-001

Before you arrived I worried how I could possibly love anyone as much as I love your big sister but the second I held you it felt as though my heart just doubled in size and I loved you just as much. I love you both with every ounce of my being and feel lucky beyond measure to have you both.

DSC_1026-001

As I look at you sleeping next to me as I write this I wish I could freeze time and just enjoy you at this age for a little bit longer than I can. Having done this all with Sophia I know how fleeting this stage is and how before long you will be mobile and eating and growing into the sweet little boy you are. But, for now, I just want to drink you in and enjoy every moment with you.

You will always be my baby.

Love you H,

Mummy.xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment