Thursday 12 March 2015

Back to Blogging

After a lot of big life events over the last year I somehow managed to stop blogging. I often think of this poor, neglected blog and crave to update it. I suppose after job losses, relocation and having a new addition to our family I’ve not had much time for blogging. When I first had Sophia I blogged most days, even small snippets of what we were up to. I cherish those posts so much and now and again I’ll look back and remember those memories. I feel so guilty for not having done the same posts for Harrison. So I’m back and hoping to get back on board with regular blogging to document our little family and the memories we’re making together.

So…what has been happening?

Well, the big news is that we are now a family of 4! We welcomed our beautiful son Harrison to the world on 1st December 2014. He has slot right into our lives and it’s now hard to remember a time without him. It feels as though he completes our family. I will write more posts about him soon!

IMG_3057

Harrison at just a few hours old.

We are now living in my hometown and are LOVING it! It’s a whole different life for us and one we are enjoying so much. Living in a big city was fantastic when we were a young couple and I reminisce fondly on all the fun times we had gallivanting here there and everywhere. Now we are a family living in a small town is much better. After moving twice in just over a year we definitely have no plans to move for a very long time!

James has a new job which is going brilliantly. He really enjoys it and it fits in much better with family life – we see much more of him now! Thanks to ‘flexi-time’, he starts at 7:30am and finishes at 4pm meaning he’s home for 5pm and can have dinner with us as well as helping with the chaos that is bath and bedtime which is always an added bonus!

IMG_3246

Brother and sister getting along so well.

Sadly James’s father Dennis passed away in November after a hard struggle with cancer. It was a really devastating time for us and it broke my heart that he never got to meet his grandson Harrison, who was born a month later. James and I talk about Dennis all the time and we love to recall funny stories. Dennis was such a character and I wish I had got the chance to tell him how thankful I am for raising James to be the excellent father that he is.

Whilst we are still recovering financially from two job losses and getting our heads around all that has happened in the last 12 months, we feel in a good place and that things seem like they might finally been getting back on track. Everything that we have encountered seems to have made us stronger and appreciate all the things we do have in our life. I still feel lucky to be living my life.

IMG_3519

No comments:

Post a Comment