Thursday 30 January 2014

Changes

I have seriously been neglecting this blog lately. Since finishing work at Christmas I thought I’d have lots more time but it seems to be the opposite, I feel so busy!

We’ve been spending lots of time trying to get the house a little more homely – putting up pictures, changing things around and adding little touches here and there. We’ve also been busy planting up some seeds and bulbs ready for the spring, some of them are starting to grow already which is exciting to see! Though it doesn’t feel much like Spring today – it’s currently snowing outside and is pretty chilly! Our next plan is to get the garden a bit neater and to start digging some vegetable patches – lots to do!

As well as applying to Ofsted to become a childminder, I’ve also been working on an exciting project the last few weeks and am nearly ready to unveil it. If you have been an avid reader of my blog, you’ll know I am very interested in the Montessori theory of educating children and that I love traditional, wooden toys. This has inspired me to create my own wooden and Montessori-inspired toys for babies and children. Previous to this I would trawl the internet for a long time looking for the kind of toys I wanted only to find that the toys I loved the most were in America and would cost a huge amount in postage making them too far out of our budget. So that’s what prompted me to set up my little craft business, The Little Bird’s Nest. So far I only have three products but I have lots of ideas for more. It feels nice to find something that I’m actually fairly good at and be able to make items to sell on too!

final logo

Now that Sophia is approaching one – how on earth did that happen?! – I’m starting to think about what I’m going to do with this blog and have decided to make a few changes. James and I are currently working on my website for The Little Bird’s Nest and I’ve decided that I’m going to link this blog with my website. I will still have all the usual kind of posts I normally do – snippets, occasional updates on Sophia’s development and of course family days out/occasions but I’ll also be including more educational ideas – the toys/games I use with Sophia, messy play ideas, more recipes and lots more. Nothing will change as far as accessing the blog, just come to the usual web address and we’ll be here.

I hope nobody will mind these changes. I first of all wanted to have a separate blog for the business but knew I wouldn’t be able to keep up with two blogs and knew this one would probably get neglected which I don’t want to happen!

If you have any thoughts on this please feel free to comment below.

 

**If you want to ‘like’ my new business on Facebook please search ‘The Little Bird’s Nest’ and keep a lookout on www.thelittlebirdsnest.co.uk it isn’t launched yet but hopefully will be soon!**

No comments:

Post a Comment