Friday 13 December 2013

Every little thing is gonna be alright…

I like to keep this blog for happy things and showing all the good things we get up to. A light-hearted little place to document our life as a young family. Unfortunately, life isn’t always carefree and sometimes it gets too hard to ignore. I think it’s important to share both the good and the bad on this blog.

The last two years have been a struggle.

It seems we’ve had to face so many challenges and so much bad luck. With jobs, houses and even starting a family we’ve had to fight hard to keep positive and patiently wait. This year everything finally started coming together; Sophia was born, we had an offer on our flat, we found a house we liked and, despite having to spend weeks apart, we eagerly waited until we had the keys, James found a new, better paid job which meant I could be at home with Sophia and start childminding. It all finally felt like all that time hoping and praying things would work out had been worth it – we had the life we wanted and could relax a bit.

But that was not to be.

Monday evening we had the news that James had lost his job with immediate affect.

This week has been hard. Really hard. I go from being upbeat and positive to feeling like I just haven’t got the strength to keep on fighting. Of course, I always will because Sophia relies on us and we will never let her down.

James has been applying for jobs and I’ve put my childminding on hold to do the same. Hopefully something will come up.

I don’t know what the future holds for us. This time next week we could both have new jobs and it’d be as though this week didn’t matter. Or this time in a few months we could be heading into debt or have lost everything.  But as long as we have Sophia and each other we will be okay.

I don’t want a lot in life. I want my family, a place to call home and just enough money to cover our outgoings. Though I’m scared I am still hopeful that eventually we’ll have a calm life. I believe that everything happens for a reason. God has a plan for us. I don’t know what that is yet but I’ll keep holding on and seeing the beauty in the stormy times.

In under two weeks time we’ll be celebrating our first Christmas with our little girl, something we’ve been looking forward to so much. No matter what happens I’m determined it’ll be a lovely day for her. She’ll wake up to smiling, happy parents on Christmas Day because that’s what she needs and deserves.

Oldie but goodie

No comments:

Post a Comment