Tuesday 31 December 2013

2013…Looking Back

 

2013 has been a rollercoaster year for us! We’ve had soaring highs and difficult lows.

2013, the year that was…

 

The Pits of 2013

  • Marking one year of our house being on the market with no success.
  • Having trouble with the sellers of the house we wanted and eventually having to pull out of the sale.
  • Spending over two months apart during our house move.
  • James losing his job.
  • Illness and hospital stays for my sister and mother and father in law.

 

The Peaks of 2013

  • Selling our flat.
  • Having our beautiful baby girl, Sophia.
  • The birth of our sweet little niece, Florence.
  • Getting to spend lots of time with my family during the time I was staying in Ludlow.
  • Sophia’s christening.
  • Celebrating 2 years of marriage and 6 years together.
  • My mum getting her teaching qualification.
  • Becoming closer to my Dad, Grandparents and step family.
  • Moving to our new house.
  • Adding Smudge to our family.
  • James being offered a new job.
  • Celebrating Christmastime with all the people we love.

Even in the times when we seem to have had a string of bad luck, I’m so grateful for the life I have. Having Sophia has made me look at life differently and realise that we are here for such a short time that we should enjoy every moment of the life we have and to show love to the people we care about. I feel so incredibly blessed to have every single family member and friend in my life and I hope that 2014 is a year which brings everyone happiness!

Happy new year from The Smith Family.xxx

DSC_0525

DSC_1279

DSC_0741

DSC_0284

No comments:

Post a Comment