Monday 17 March 2014

I’m back!

I haven't updated my blog in so long! I think when Sophia turned 1 I took a bit of a step back and a breather. As much as I love blogging sometimes it can be an additional pressure but I'm glad to be back to it!

DSC_0838-001

Life Update

Not much has changed in the last few weeks, we're still doing the same things and trying to get our house and garden the way we want it. My Ofsted application is still going through so I'm spending lots of time with Sophia in-between working on my childminding website, writing policies and getting the house set up. I just can't wait to get started now! Sophia is walking lots at the moment and has began the transition to her new bedroom (I will cover that in another post soon). James is enjoying his new job and getting on really well.

Something New

Following on from my Baby Led Weaning recipes I'm going to be starting a new series of recipes. Sophia is fully weaned now (well, she has been for a long time really) and is no longer drinking formula and is fully off bottles. She has a warm drink of milk in the morning and the evening. The day after her first birthday we just stopped giving her bottles and she hasn't so much as grumbled so we were pleased.

My new recipes will be budget-friendly family meals. Whilst living on one wage our budget is tighter than ever and I'm having to think creatively to make sure we're eating healthy, tasty yet thrifty meals. Luckily I started meal planning and budgeting when we first moved into our flat so I'm quite used to making food stretch and getting the most from our budget. I hope you enjoy the recipes!

Well, that's it for now! I'm hoping to be doing many more posts from now on after my unexpected break. Upcoming posts I have planned are:

  • A new recipe
  • Sophia's bedroom tour
  • An update on Sophia's development at 13 months

See you all soon!

DSC_0904-001

No comments:

Post a Comment