Wednesday 9 October 2013

Messy Play

Sophia is developing so quickly now! Gone are the days when she'd be happy with one toy and a few cuddles. She's so active now and loves to be busy! 

I haven't done much messy play with her so have made it my aim to try a new messy activity every week. It is so good for fostering so many useful skills such as mark making (early literacy), exploration of the world and creativity.

We got Sophia a tuff spot (a builders mixing tray) like the ones I had in my classrooms in reception and nursery so she could sit in a space and get as messy as she wanted to!

This week we made gloop from cornflour and she loved it! I also made her some orange playdough which was less of a success as she was just desperate to eat it all (luckily it was edible). Here are some of the pictures...


No comments:

Post a Comment