Wednesday 20 March 2013

Water baby

Up until about a week ago Sophia really didn't like bath time. She enjoyed feeling the warm water washing her hair before going in but as soon as I put her into the bath she'd cry until I took her out.

Now she seems to love them! She'll go in with no problems and actually seems to enjoy being washed.

I've started giving her a bath every evening between 5-6 depending on her feeds. I'm hoping this little routine will pave the way for good bedtime habits a few months down the line.

After she's out and cuddled dry in her towel I rub in a teeny bit of lotion onto her tummy, arms and legs. I try and make it like a little massage and it seems to relax her.

Usually she'll want to be fed after her bath so if she does I feed her and then put her down to nap.

I've been doing this about a week now and I think it is making her a little more calm and relaxed of an evening.

I'm glad she is growing fond of baths (just like her mummy!) and I'm looking forward to being able to introduce her to bath books and toys for even more fun when she's older!









No comments:

Post a Comment